Web form is an important component in web development, all web designers would encounter it in their career. As we all know it, all the browsers render form elements differently and most of the time, the design and the working version are greatly different in its appearance. In order to eliminate those differences, web developers will have to develop theirs own script to re-skin all the form elements. To develop it from ground zero it will take heaps of development times, let alone testing it on different browsers. Luckily, there are already a few jQuery plugins that we can easily obtained to skin forms. In this post, we have 6 of them.
- NiceForms Niceforms is a script that will replace the most commonly used form elements with custom designed ones. You can either use the default theme that is provided or you can even develop your own look with minimal effort.
- jqTransform This plugin is a jQuery styling plugin wich allows you to skin form elements.
- formly An unbelievably easy way to add style and validation to your forms. Forms are everywhere and, usually, suck. Formly makes adding forms to your site a bit more exciting. Easily add style, validation, and a more impressive user interaction with a single function.
- Ideal Forms Ideal Forms is a small framework to build powerful and beautiful online forms.
- jFormer jFormer is a form framework written on top of jQuery that allows you to quickly generate beautiful, standards compliant forms.
- Uniform Uniform masks your standard form controls with custom themed controls. It works in sync with your real form elements to ensure accessibility and compatibility.