Speed Up Development Time By Using Twitter Bootstrap
Twitter is not a stranger to everyone, but do you know twitter has a free bootstrap framework for all of us to take advantage of? Yes, some of you might have already know about this, some other might just like me - found out not long ago. Honestly, I'm amazed but its capability and stability.
- Grid Layout: 12-Column Grid, fixed layout, fluid or responsive layout.
- Base CSS: for Typography, code (syntax highlighting with Google prettify), Tables, Forms, Buttons and uses Icons by Glpyhicons
- Web UI Component: Buttons, Navigation menu, Labels, Thumbnails, Alerts, Progress bars and misc.
- It uses LESS, so you can update the style according to your needs.
- Cross platform support: It eliminates major layout inconsistencies
- I don't have to worry much about CSS, in fact, I just have to play with spacing once a while.
- Everything just works! Good documentation I must say, And the Twitter Bootstrap's website itself is a very good reference for real life example.
- It's semantical, everything makes sense and in best practice as well.
- Finally, it saves me heaps of times! Pretty sure it cut the development time to half. Less testing, less browser issues.
It also includes a dozen ofbootstrap plugins! It will be great if there's a datepicker and slider though :)
- Togglable tabs
- Alert messages
Twitter doesn't pay me to write this article :p This is a great stuff, and great stuff should be shared to everybody! As I said before, this bootstrap can really save a lot of times, in fact, I should have used this to build my custom CMS, I would able to concentrate more on server side scripting and cut my development time to half! Alright, I hope you will find it useful as well. Do share it with us what do you think and your experience with it. For more useful article, latest update about web development, stay tuned with favbulous!