WordPress is the most famous blog platform to date. We simply like the way it’s constructed, available plugins, supports and huge amount of WordPress Themes available to download.Â There are over 1500++ themes in Themeforest WordPress section, and there are hundred of other WordPress theme companies such as CSSIgniter, WPScientist etc… No doubt about it, WordPress theme development has reached a whole new level, and you can make a living out of it.
We have 7 WordPress Boilerplates to help you to kick start and speed up your WordPress theme development. If you want a responsive layout to start with, we have it covered, check out bones; HTML5 support? Ticked, some of them are built from HTML5 Boilerplate too. We pretty sure this will be really handy for those who wants to learn WordPress theme development.
- TwentyTen Five HTML5 Base ThemeThe default WordPress Twentyten Five Theme in HTML5. It’s completely free, easy to build on, and brings brand new HTML5 elements and functionality to WordPress.
- Constellation ThemeThe Constellation Theme is an assemblage of awesome resources, put together to form an extremely flexible WordPress foundation.
- Root Theme Roots is based on HTML5 Boilerplate, Bootstrap from Twitter, and is hNews microformat ready.
- HandyCrafted WPHandcrafted WP is a starter theme built for WordPress developers who are doing more than building blogs. The theme is based on Ian Stewartâ€™s Toolbox Starter theme and Paul Irish & Divya Manianâ€™s HTML5 Boilerplate plus some other awesome features based off our years of experience.
- Starkers Theme STARKERS is a bare-bones WordPress theme created to act as a starting point for the theme designer. They are having a redevelopment and we mentioned it here anyway so you can keep subscribe to their newsletter and keep updated of latest development progress.
- Bones Bones come in two versions: classic grid system or responsive layout.